Angaarak Chaturthi (Tuesday, 1st Jun'10)
Pujya Bapuji has described great significance of the upcoming Mangalwar Chaturthi tithi falling on Tuesday, 1st Jun'10, also known as Angaarak Chaturthi. As mentioned by Pujya Bapuji during the Maagh Purnima Satsang in Delhi, doing japa, tapa, upvaas, daan, sat-karm on this sacred tithi affords the same religious merits as done during a solar eclipse. Stressing on the sadhaks to especially take benefit of this tithi, Pujya Bapuji mentioned that performing japa, tapa, daan, etc. during a solar eclipse is 10 lakh times more beneficial as compared to an ordinary day. The same fruits are obtained if one performs japa, tapa, daan-punya, etc. on a Mangalwar Chaturthi tithi. This wonderful yog is especially beneficial for rapid spiritual advancement of sadhaks.
pujya Bapuji mentioned that these tithis are like boons (vardaan) to sadhaks, which are given by the Lord Himself when He decides to shower His splendor and majesty (vaibhav) among the bhaktas.
Following are some tips for sadhaks to derive maximum benefits from this pious tithi:
1. If possible, take a holiday from your office, service, etc. to reap rich spiritual benefits on this day.
2. Observe Maun (silence) or speak as little as possible.
3. Devote maximum time to japa & meditation (dhyan). Since doing japa on this day is 10 lakh times more beneficial as compared to any other ordinary day, even 1 mala of mantra-japa will be equivalent to 10 crore japa. Performing japa on this tithi, therefore, has anant-fal (endless fruits) and sadhaks should look to reap maximum benefits from it.
4. Pujya Bapuji advised that if one is trying to overcome obstacles, struggles in his personal life, making use of this tithi as mentioned above will enable him to easily tide over the troubles, as compared to his individual level efforts to resolve the problem. As often heard in Satsang, “Jiska isht majboot hota hai, uska anisht nahin hota”.
5. As per Pujya Bapuji, students will also be able to derive great benefits from this day if they:
1. Do upvaas (fast) and stay on milk only.
2. Observe Maun (silence).
3. Perform Japa of Saraswatya Mantra.
4. Do not watch films, etc.
6. As per Pujya Bapuji, one should clean his sadhana room with Gau Jharan Ark before this japa tithi, and do gau-chandan dhoop, deep (diya) in the room.
7. On the night before Mangalwar Chaturthi (Monday), the sadhak should make a firm resolve, “Tomorrow, I will observe upvaas (fast), maun (silence), study the holy scriptures & other Satsang books like Divya Prerna Prakash,Jeevan Vikas & Ishvar ki Or, and will engage myself constantly in japa and meditation (dhyan).”
8. Pujya Bapuji advised that sadhaks should do japa of the aarogya-mantra (health mantra) as well on this auspicious day. Sadhaks can do a few mala of the health mantra in order to attain siddhi of the mantra. Please click here for Health Mantra.
9. Pujya Bapuji further advised that sadhaks should definitely do some mala jap of the aashirvaad mantra (bonus mantra). Pujya Bapuji has blessed many sadhaks with a aashirvaad/bonus mantra as well, by japa of which sadhaks will not have heart-attack, high b.p, low b.p etc. The sadhaks who have received this ‘bonus’ mantra should definitely do japa of a few mala of this mantra too, as mentioned by Pujya Bapuji in the evening Satsang in Delhi on 31st Jan’10.
10. Pujya Bapuji also mentioned in Delhi Satsang that there is a mantra which can be chanted by sadhaks in case they suddenly encounter some problem (achaanak koi musibat aa jaaye) e.g. office boss harassing a sadhak, etc. Sadhaks who have been blessed with this mantra should do japa of this mantra as well. Performing japa of this mantra will blow away the impediments that are faced, if any, by the sadhaks. More details of this mantra may be seen at the following link:
11. Pujya Bapuji advised that if any sadhaks are facing court case problems (e.g. false cases of implication, etc.), they should do japa of the following mantra to get rid of the same:
पवन तनय बल पवन समाना
बुद्धि विवेक विज्ञान निधाना
कवन सो काज कठिन जग माहि
जो नहीं होहि तात तुम पाहि
Sadhaks can also do seva of doing 1 mala japa of this mantra with sankalp that all false court cases which have been leveled by conspirators against Pujya Bapuji are nullified.
12. In the recently concluded Ujjain Satsang, Pujya Bapuji stayed with the sadhaks on the vyaas-peeth during the solar eclipse (surya grahan) on 15th Jan’10. During the grahan period, Pujya Bapuji Himself and sadhaks did saamuhik paath of Aditya Hriday Stotra. Since this tithi on 1st Jun ’10 is equivalent to a solar eclipse in terms of giving religious merits, sadhaks may do 1 paath of Aditya Hriday Stotra as well, in order to remove any obstacles (vighn-baadha) that they are facing in their life. They may also add the sankalp that all the anti-elements working against our nation and culture (sanskriti) are destroyed.
Aditya Hriday Stotra is available at the following location:
13. Pujya Bapuji has advised that one should do Vishraanti Prayog on this day. Vishraanti Prayog involves gazing at the picture of Om, Svastik or Pujya Gurudev and chanting Omkar mantra (gunjan) in between, if any useless thoughts come in the mind. Pujya Bapuji has advised that sadhaks can do this vishraanti prayog for 30 minutes at a time, and perform 4-5 courses of this prayog during the entire day. (Note: Sadhaks can also extend the time of the prayog from 30 minutes for higher benefits.) A key point stressed by Pujya Bapuji is that sadhaks should jap of the Omkaar mantra with sankalp that japa is being performed for Ishvar Preeti (love of God) & Ishvar Praapti (attaining God)
14. Pujya Bapuji advises that sadhaks should do japa of the Brahmacharya mantra as well on such auspicious tithis, and attain siddhi of the same. Sadhaks can therefore do few mala japa of the Brahmcharya mantra too on this pious Mangalwar Chaturthi tithi. Details of this mantra are available at the following link:
15. Since doing japa on this tithi is 10 lakh times more beneficial than an ordinary day, sadhaks may also do a seva of doing 1 mala of japa of Maha-Mrityunjay Mantra on this day with the sankalp that Pujya Gurudev has great health, fame, long life and His Divine message of Satsang is spread to all corners of the world. In short, sadhaks may do japa with sankalp for vriddhi (increase) of aayu, aarogya, yash and kirti of Pujya Gurudev.
Shri Sureshanandji has advised in Satsang that whenever sadhaks do japa of a mantra for someone, they should first do japa 11 times of the same mantra themselves, and then do japa for the concerned person. Likewise, in the above case, sadhaks may do japa of Maha-Mrityunjay Mantra 11 times first before doing 1 mala of japa dedicated to Pujya Gurudev.